ThoughtLights

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Anticipation

I cannot, CANNOT wait for tomorrow!

First, Carol Oja is coming. She's giving a talk on The Music Man and West Side Story. I love her, I love musicals, I cannot see how this will be anything other than enlightening and humming-inducing. Her paper at AMS on West Side Story was the best one I saw hands down. Thoroughly researched, entertainingly delivered, and made me want to go listen to it again (which is one of the most important parts, I think).

And as if that wasn't enough, There Will Be Blood opens here tomorrow. I have been looking forward to this movie for MONTHS. The trailer only feeds it. Seriously, it looks fantastic, as does the modernist score. For this, I can thank The Oscars people, for getting their auteur cinema asses in gear and lining the nominations with Coen Brothers, PT Anderson, and Julian Schnabel. I cannot express my joy at all this.

More to come on these after tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home